GBRT's grant programme provides funding to local young musicians who need assistance with the cost of vocal or instrumental lessons and associated costs
Funding is available to young people who:
- live within 10 miles of Market Harborough, Leicestershire and are a permanent resident in the UK.
- are attending school in years 4 to 13 in the year of grant receipt, show particular promise and enthusiasm towards their instrument/singing
- require financial assistance to progress on their chosen musical instrument/voice
- are learning of one of the following:
- Woodwind: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon
- Brass: Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Tuba, Euphonium, Cornet
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Violoncello, Double Bass, Harp
- Other: Piano, Percussion, Harp, Classical Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Voice
Grants are awarded for a full academic year and only assessed once a year, in September.
If you fulfil all of these criteria and genuinely need financial assistance to progress with either your instrumental or vocal studies, please read the Grant Application Rules & Information and complete a Grant Application Form in full.
All applicants will be invited to attend an audition where you will be asked to:
- perform a pre-prepared piece of up to 5 minutes long on the instrument/voice for which you are applying for funding
- answer a few questions accompanied by your parent or legal guardian.
We will contact you by email after the closing date to let you know your audition time – it is essential that you give us your email address on the application form.
The Trustees will consider each application very carefully and respond in writing within two weeks of the audition advising whether or not your application been successful.