GBRT Junior X Factor Competition
The annual GBRT Junior X Factor competition is the largest and most established talent competition in the Market Harborough area. The heats and finals provide an opportunity to perform in front of professional musicians and packed audiences. Entry and tickets to the finals are completely free and each participant receives written feedback on their heat audition of ways to further improve.
- • Entrants must live within 20 miles of Market Harborough.
- • The competition is open to vocalists, instrumentalists and composers in School Years 1-13.
- • All entrants must be available to take part in heats and Finals Concert on the advertised dates.
- • Entries will open in January 2022.
Performance Category Rules
- • Entrants may perform as individuals or groups.
- • Multiple entries into the same category are allowed if you are performing on different instruments/voice. You may also enter as part of a group and as a soloist.
- • Each entrant should perform one piece of up to 5 minutes in length.
- • Performances must either be unaccompanied or accompanied by a pre-recorded backing track on CD/MP3 only.
- • Entrants will be notified by email within 48 hours after the end of the heats whether or not they have been selected to perform in the finals concert.
- • There is no minimum or maximum number of finalists - all entrants who reach the required standard will be given the opportunity to perform in the finals concert.
- • Audio or visual recording of any of the auditions or finals performances is not permitted.
Composition Prize Rules
- • Please write an original piece of music, up to 5 minutes long, in any musical style and for any instruments - acoustic, synth or voice.
- • Record and save your composition as a high-quality MP3. Please name this file in the format: JuniorXFactor2022_yourinitials, e.g. JuniorXFactor2022_AB.mp3
- • Email your MP3 along with a completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date including the name of the entrant in the body of your email or complete the entry form online at https://www.gbrecitaltrust.co.uk. If the file is too large to email, please send via a free file transfer service such as https://wetransfer.com.
- • The recordings will be marked by our judging panel and the top 3 compositions will be played at the Finals Concert where the winner will be announced.
Junior X Factor 2022 Prizes
All finalists will receive a medal and certificate, and in addition the following prizes will be awarded:
Best Vocal Performance will receive £25 music store vouchers and £175 vocal lessons funded by GBRT.
Best Instrumental Performance will receive £50 music store vouchers and £150 instrumental lessons funded by GBRT.
Best Original Composition will receive £200 music store vouchers.
One of the above category winners will also be chosen as the Overall Winner of the competition, and will receive an additional £50 music store vouchers.
Most promising vocalist and most promising instrumentalist will each receive £100 vocal or instrumental lessons funded by GBRT.
All prize winners will also receive an engraved glass trophy